MILLEDGEVILLE — Celebration of Writing student winners were recognized with medals during Tuesday’s school board meeting.
The Celebration of Writing winners will have their writing submitted for completion in the Young Georgia Authors Writing Competition.
• Kindergartners: Joseph Meier of Eagle Ridge in first, Adonis Trawick of Blandy Hills in second and Isabella Hummel of Midway in third;
• First-graders: Jayla Turner of Eagle Ridge in first, Natalya Thomas of Midway in second and Madison Poole of Blandy Hills in third;
• Second-graders: Evan Hitchcock of Eagle Ridge in first, Julianne Blizzard of Creekside in second and Arionna Haddock of Blandy Hills in third;
• Third-graders: Harshita Patel of Creekside in first, Davin Driskell of Eagle Ridge in second and Mya Hall of Blandy Hills in third;
• Fourth-graders: Abby Brown of Eagle Ridge in first, Emillie Sherwood of Creekside in second and Edward Harris of Midway in third;
• Fifth-graders: Nathan Mitchell of Creekside in first, Keanu Curry of Eagle Ridge in second and Madison Sloan of Blandy Hills in third;
• Oak Hill sixth-graders: Sarah Swinton in first, Samantha Mutiti in second and Shamya Fleming in third;
• Seventh-graders: Alexis Robertson of Oak Hill in first, Sierra Story of Oak Hill in second, Charnika Ross of Georgia College Early College in second, Taylor Moore of Early College in second and Makenna Braxton of Oak Hill in third;
• Eighth-graders Kelsie Marlow of Oak Hill in first, Kytesia Hunter of Oak Hill in second and Kimbria Washington of Early College in third;
• Freshman: Temerius Tuft of Early College in first;
• Baldwin High sophomores: Kayli Keeton in first and Hannah Tyson in second;
• Juniors Brandon McCullough of Baldwin High in first, Azhar Baig of Baldwin High in second, Chelyse Abrams of Early College in third and Daniela Alvarez of Early College in third; and
• Baldwin High seniors: Katrina Atwood in first and Matthew Johnson in second.
Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder print edition. http://tinyurl.com/6qdm4oj
Click here to subscribe to The Union-Recorder e-edition and view this full article. http://unionrecorder.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx