MILLEDGEVILLE — Saturday...Sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 5 to10 mph shifting to the west in the afternoon..Saturday night...Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and Variable winds..Sunday...Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of showers. Highs Around 80. Southwest winds 5 to 15 mph..Sunday night...Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of Showers. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds..Monday...Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of showers. Highs In the mid 70s..Monday night...Mostly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of Showers. Lows in the mid 40s.
- Local News
UGA to offer benefits to domestic partners
University of Georgia officials have announced the school will extend some benefits to domestic partners similar to what married couples receive.
Runaway teen comes back
The 16-year-old girl, missing since May 2, is back in Milledgeville.
Local woman wins $50K in lottery
A local woman is $50,000 wealthier following a weekend lottery win.
City ethics panel meets to get organized prior to discussing complaint
The City of Milledgeville’s ethics board held its first meeting Monday to discuss the functions of the three-member board and the process for addressing its first complaint.
Atlanta council considers 20-story Ferris wheel
The Atlanta City Council is expected to consider a request to construct a Ferris wheel once used in Paris that would soar 20 stories over downtown Atlanta.
ORHF donation supports hospital’s MRI program
The Oconee Regional Medical Center’s (ORMC) radiology department is able to offer advanced diagnostic technology for patient comfort with the gift of $229,000 from the donors and volunteers of the Oconee Regional Healthcare Foundation (ORHF) and SHINE (See How Investments Nurture Everyone).
BHS offers students broader range of courses via online
Baldwin High School senior Taylor Martin has enjoyed taking online courses for the last two years to further her knowledge in content areas not offered in the regular high school curriculum. With Georgia Virtual School (GaVS), students are provided that option of online learning.
Police looking for murder suspect
Friday night violence ended in the death of a 22-year-old.
The Milledgeville Police Department is looking for 21-year-old Quintavious Horton for the shooting that took the life of Kenneth Simmons.
Ga. Republicans gather in Athens for convention
Georgia's Republicans are gathering in Athens for their state convention with a message of unity, although some party divisions are on display.
Travel writers explore Milledgeville's hidden gems
The Old Governor’s Mansion was one of the Friday destinations for travel writers from across the United States and Canada as part of the 2013 Georgia Travel Media Marketplace.
- More Local News Headlines
- UGA to offer benefits to domestic partners